call now for your free consultation
(612) 206-3760 [email protected]

Family Immigration

Anthony Sosa Law Office

If you live outside of the United States and have a spouse or family member who is a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, your qualifying spouse or relative may be able to petition for you to immigrate to the United States and obtain a Green Card. Qualifying relationships include parents and spouses of U.S. citizens, spouses and children of lawful permanent residents, and brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens. The USCIS visa preference system determines the availability of a family sponsored visa depending on the qualifying family relationship and country of origin.

Our office can help you and your qualifying relative navigate through the process of applying for a family sponsored immigration visa and lawful permanent residence.

Fiancé Visas (K-1)

The fiancé visa allows a foreign national to enter the United States for the purpose of marrying a U.S. citizen. The marriage must take place within 90 days of the fiancé’s arrival in the United States. The minor children of the fiancé may also be eligible to immigrate to the United States as dependents.

LGBT Spouses

Following the landmark Supreme Court ruling declaring the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) unconstitutional and subsequent changes in immigration rules and policies, same-sex marriages are now deemed valid for immigration purposes under the Immigration & Naturalization Act. LGBT spouses are now able to sponsor a foreign national spouse for a family-based immigrant visa, apply for fiancé visas, and request USCIS reconsideration of family-based petitions previously denied when DOMA was in effect.

The Anthony Sosa Law Office proudly serves the LGBT community. Our office can help LGBT couples and spouses navigate through the complex process of applying for a fiancé visa or family-based immigrant visa.

Waivers of Inadmissibility

Sometimes, the family member or spouse wanting to immigrate to the United States or become a lawful permanent resident may be inadmissible because of an unlawful entry into the United States, an overstay on a previously issued visa, or an arrest or conviction for a crime. In some cases, a waiver of inadmissibility may be available to clear the barrier preventing lawful immigration status.

The Anthony Sosa Law Office helps individuals and families navigate through the often complex and intimidating path of immigration by helping identify available immigration options, filing applications with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), complying with National Visa Center requirements, and consular processing in the home country.

Call Today

If you are interested in helping a qualifying spouse or relative immigrate to the United States or bring your fiancé to the U.S. for marriage, call the Anthony Sosa Law Office today at (612) 206-3760 or reach out via email at [email protected] to schedule your free consultation.