call now for your free consultation
(612) 206-3760 [email protected]

Temporary Visas

Anthony Sosa Law Office

B-1 and B-2 Visas

Generally, a foreign national wishing to enter the United States temporarily for business, pleasure, medical treatment or a combination of purposes must apply for entry either through the Visa Waiver Program (for citizens of certain countries) or apply for either a Visitors for Business (B-1) visa or Visitors for Pleasure (B-2) visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate of the country of residence.

The foreign national must provide evidence of the following:

  • Having a residence in a foreign country;
  • Evidence of employment, family, and social ties to the residence abroad;
  • Is visiting temporarily for business or pleasure;
  • Has adequate financial arrangements for carrying the purpose of the visit; and
  • Has no intention of abandoning the foreign residence and remain in the U.S. past the expiration date of the temporary visa.

Students and Trainees

The following temporary visas are available for foreign nationals and dependents desiring to temporarily enter the United States for academic and vocational studies, exchange programs, and job training programs:

  • F visas: Academic students
  • M visas: Vocational students
  • J visas: Exchange visitors
  • H-3 visas: Temporary worker invited by an individual or organization for purposes of receiving instruction and training.

Call Today

If you currently reside outside the United States and need assistance with obtaining a temporary visitor’s visa or would like to discuss which student and training visa option is best for you, please contact the Anthony Sosa Law Office at [email protected] or by phone at (612) 207-3760.