call now for your free consultation
(612) 206-3760 [email protected]

Victims of Crime and Trafficking

Anthony Sosa Law Office

U Visas

Victims of qualifying crimes in the U.S. and eligible family members who have been cooperative with law enforcement with the investigation and prosecution of the crime, and who have suffered substantial physical or emotional harm from the crime may be eligible for a U visa. The main benefits of the U visa are issuance of a work permit and the ability to adjust status to lawful permanent resident status after 4 years.

Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)

The spouse, child, or parent of a U.S. citizen or permanent resident who is battered or subject to extreme cruelty by the U.S. citizen or permanent resident can self-petition for lawful permanent resident status.

T Visas

Victims of severe trafficking including sex-trafficking, involuntary servitude, debt bondage, or slavery who are physically present in the United States and meet other requirements may be eligible for a T visa. T visas are granted for a period of 3 years. T visa holders may adjust status to lawful permanent resident.

Call Today

If you have been the victim of a crime or severe trafficking and would like to know if your case qualifies for immigration status relief, contact the Anthony Sosa Law Office at (612) 206-3760 or by email at [email protected].